- the information we collect about you
- when and how we collect that information
- what may happen to that information
Who We Are
Quill Shift LLC is a marketing and branding agency specializing in supporting small businesses, entrepreneurs, and nonprofits. Our website address is: https://quillshift.com.
Information We Collect and Why
You can always visit the Sites without revealing who you are or providing any personal information. When you visit the Sites we do collect usage information, but it is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. We may use this data to better understand, for example:
- how the Sites are navigated
- how many visitors arrive at specific pages
- the length and frequency of stays at the Sites
- the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors and the internet protocol addresses from which our visitors connect to the Sites.
We may use this information to improve the Sites’ content and ease of use. However, if you do voluntarily submit personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, company name, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business) or transactional information (such as navigational information – information about your computer and your visits to this Sites such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed – or payment information – information the Sites collect to process payments from you when you purchase a service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers) to us, we may use it to:
- improve customer service
- personalize user experience
- improve our Sites
- process payments (including, without limitation, the use of credit card or other financial information in connection therewith)
- send periodic emails
When You Contact Us
We have created an email list of our users who will receive information from us from time to time, such as announcements of any new features, products or services on or available through the Sites or our affiliates. You will have the opportunity to opt out of this service each time you receive email sent to the members of our email list. We will not submit your personal information to direct marketers and will use your information only as described in this Agreement.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
We, or a third-party on our behalf, may place a “cookie” or “pixel tag” on your computer when you come to the Sites or visit a site on which we advertise. These devices are small computer files that our computer sends to your computer and that your computer sends back to us each time you visit the Sites. We may use these devices to collect data to help us personalize and improve your experience on the Sites. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit. If you decide not to accept our cookies, your ability to use some features on the Sites may be impaired.
To enhance customer experience we Site performance we use analytics software, such as Google Analytics.
We do not accept submissions of personal information from children under the age of 13 (each a “Child”). If we are notified that we have collected personal information from a Child, we will delete such promptly. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
How We Share Information We Collect
In connection with the purposes described above and in addition to the recipients of your information as described above, we will share your personal information when relevant with third parties that we work with such as:
- Website users: Other website users who you use the website to transact and communicate with, such as your name or email through comments or testimonials on the Sites
- Our service providers: Service providers we work with to deliver our business, who are acting as processors and provide us with:
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service;
- social media plugin services including Google+, Twitter, and Linkedin;
- Other third parties (including professional advisers): any other third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) based in the United States where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
How Long Your Data’s Retained
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our Sites (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
If you contact us through email or sign-up for our email list(s), we will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes. You will have the opportunity to opt out of the email list each time you receive email sent to the members of our email list.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on our Sites, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How Your Data’s Protected
The Sites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We safeguard the security of data you send us with physical, electronic, and other procedures. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information disclosed online. Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet, including when you are using the Sites. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to release your personal information in response to a properly issued subpoena in connection with a civil or criminal investigation, and in order to further fraud protection or to reduce the risk of fraud.
Last updated as of June 30, 2023.
© 2023 Quill Shift LLC – All Rights Reserved.